Located in a leafy enclave of the upmarket suburb of Hawthorn with parks, super breakfast cafes and specialty restaurants, shops and Il Lido cinema all within a short walk, Alkira House is a stylish Victorian house offering a family-sized accommodation surrounded by private schools in Kew and Hawthorn.
This 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home combines classic beauty and contemporary style, and features dual living areas, as well as a leafy courtyard that doubles as an outdoor entertaining space.
Design lovers will find intricate Victorian-style details in the home, including its lovely porch lacework and the white-coloured cornice brackets found in its long hallway leading to the living spaces.
White walls complement polished wooden floors, giving off a timeless and elegant look, while high ceilings make it spacious and light-filled. The home also impresses with a pretty iron facade that's elevated from the street.
Alkira House has everything at your fingertips, with easy transport access to Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Royal Botanical Gardens and the vibrant CBD district of Melbourne.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 4
- Classic Victorian-style terrace home
- Dual living areas and high ceilings
- Open plan living and kitchen space
- Ducted heating and cooling (fireplaces are non-operational)
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in living room
- Courtyard with BBQ, seating and dining table
- 7.8kms from Melbourne's CBD
- Walking distance to local private schools, plus Swinburne University Hawthorn campus (500m)
- On-street parking for 2 cars (permits provided)
- Pet-friendly (small-medium dogs only, Please note that charges apply. Contact our reservations team for detail.)
Alkira House's combined kitchen and living space - which opens to a calming courtyard - is a cosy spot for relaxation. Prop a few pillows and enjoy the complementary Netflix or simply kick back for a family night in. The kitchen impresses with an electric Bosch oven plus a De'Longhi coffee machine (pods not provided).
The home's pristine bedrooms offer a relaxed space to unwind with its comfortable bedding, while the modern bathroom will leave you feeling refreshed.
Please note, the home's 3 fireplaces in the bedrooms and the dining area are non-functional.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 4 guests):
- Bedroom 1 (main bedroom): queen bed, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 2: queen (can be split into 2 single beds)
- Bathroom 1 (shared): bath, shower, single vanity, toilet
Alkira House's serene courtyard area is dressed in a canopy of trees, with a charming shrub-filled trellis entrance. Take a break to admire the greenery or cook BBQ in this delightful spot, made even better with a 6-seater dining table and a wooden bench seat.
The home's laundry area is equipped with a washer and a dryer.
Small pets are welcome at this property but must abide by our terms and conditions. Charges apply for bringing pets - please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you.
There is on-street parking for 2 cars (permits provided).
Alkira House is located in the charming suburb of Hawthorn - a much-loved area for residents and visitors alike. Its prime location, just 7.8km from Melbourne's CBD, makes it an ideal base for exploring the city's many attractions, including the Royal Botanic Gardens, Federation Square, and the National Gallery of Victoria. The home is walking distance to private schools, including Methodist Ladies College (750m), Carey Grammar (900m), and Trinity Grammar (1.5km), as well as Swinburne University Hawthorn campus (500m). With easy access to public transportation and a variety of local cafes, restaurants, and shops, Alkira House is the perfect place to experience the best of Melbourne.
Boutique Stays standard inclusions:
- Support from our Melbourne based team, 7 days a week
- Complimentary welcome home arrival pack, with luxury Australian made guest amenities, quality selection of tea and coffee and a range of household consumables
- Wireless broadband internet (Wi-Fi)
- Pay TV (Netflix)
- Quality linen and towels, plus hairdryer in each bathroom
- Portacot available free of charge
- Monthly servicing for stays of 28 days or longer
- Departure clean
Maintenance and Cleaning:
Our commitment to our guests is to ensure the property is always maintained at a high level, with all reported maintenance and cleaning issues attended to promptly. Previous guests rate the cleanliness of our properties at above 9/10 on average across the Boutique Stays portfolio. Please remember there is no smoking inside any of our properties.
We have varying minimum stays depending on time of year, and how far in advance you book. We will advise on enquiry
A property security bond of $600 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.