Take a trip back in time to That 70's House - a quiet family retreat that pays tribute to the glorious 1970s. This spacious 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom property features authentic 70s-era decor, furnishings and collectibles at every turn. This home truly is like a museum, except you can touch things and immerse yourself in a bygone era - spin an album on the vinyl record player or cook up a mouth-watering roast in the original Viceroy Whirlpool oven.
The double-storey property features a delightfully preserved kitchen that maintains much of its original character, plus a large games room that's equipped with plenty of lounge seats. Upstairs is a roomy lounge area that opens to a full length balcony. Kids will enjoy exploring the large grassed area outdoors while the adults can hang-out in the property's BBQ area that's complete with al fresco furniture. The home also includes modern creature comforts - including Smart TVs and WiFi - so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
That 70's House is located 21km from Melbourne's CBD, and minutes' drive of local shopping and dining spots. Public transport is easily accessed with Mount Waverley train station situated 4 minutes' drive from the property, while a host of nature reserves are within walking distance from your front door.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 7
- Authentic 1970s-era furnishings and decor
- Multiple living spaces, including a games room
- Formal lounge area with balcony
- Well-equipped 70s-style kitchen, with original oven
- Grassed backyard with BBQ and outdoor seating
- Centralised heating and cooling on upper level
- Pet-friendly (dogs only. Please note that charges apply. Contact our reservations team for detail )
- Walking distance to local reserves
- 1.8km from Mount Waverley train station
- 21km from Melbourne CBD
- Carport parking for 2 vehicles, plus off-street parking for 2 cars
All of the property's living spaces contain lounge suites and memorabilia from the 70s that guests are welcome to enjoy. Both the formal lounge room upstairs, as well as the games room, boast beautiful parquetry floors. The property's family room is also equipped with a Smart TV, for guests who prefer streaming services for entertainment.
Dining and Cooking:
That 70's House boasts an original kitchen set on ceramic-tiled floor, with stunning burnt orange panels and cabinetry that show wear from the many family occasions that have been enjoyed since it was built. It also features an island bench and is equipped with a retro oven, electric grill, induction cooktop, fridge, dishwasher, and a coffee machine (coffee beans not supplied).
Located next to the kitchen is the indoor 8-seat dining table that opens to a balcony. If you love the 70's era, you'll take delight in the original features in this home.
The property offers 4 well-appointed bedrooms with ample space for families. Take comfort in the main bedroom upstairs with centralised heating and cooling that also features a 70s-style ensuite bathroom and built-in wardrobes. Three guest rooms are spread out across the home, with office space available in the fourth room.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 7):
- Bedroom 1 (main bedroom): queen, ensuite, built-in wardrobes
- Bedroom 2: single bed, TV, office space, free-standing clothes-hanger, portable heater and cooler
- Bedroom 3: king, built-in wardrobes
- Bedroom 4: queen, semi-ensuite, free-standing wardrobe
Two of the home's bathrooms are styled with classic 70s decor. Coloured and patterned tiles adorn the walls of these rooms, combining them with modern amenities.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from main bedroom): shower, single vanity, separate toilet (off bathroom)
- Bathroom 2 (semi-ensuite from bedroom 3): shower, single vanity, separate toilet (off bathroom)
- Bathroom 3(shared): separate shower, separate bath, single vanity (no toilet)
The home offers a functional laundry area which includes a washing machine and dryer.
At the rear of the property is a sizeable grassed yard, perfect for kids to get some fresh air. An 8-seater outdoor dining table and BBQ are also available for use.
Pets are welcome at this property (dogs only) but must abide by our terms and conditions. Charges apply for bringing pets - please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you. The property includes a gate to the side on the ground level but please note that it is gated on one side only so please mind your furry friends.
Please note, external security cameras are installed at the front, and on the western side of the property. These cameras are not monitored.
That 70's House provides carport parking for 2 vehicles, with off-street parking available for an additional 2 cars.
That 70's House is located 21km south-east of Melbourne's CBD in Mount Waverley, with the property tucked away close to several nature reserves. The home is 1.3km from the Mount Waverley Village shopping precinct, with the suburb's train station 1.8km from your front door. That 70's House is also around the corner from Waverley Private Hospital (1.4km).
Suitable Booking Groups:
The property is perfect for a family getaway or a longer term stay with its roomy and pet-friendly areas. It's also located near shops, parks, and tourist attractions.
Boutique Stays standard inclusions:
- Support from our Melbourne based team, 7 days a week
- Complimentary welcome home arrival pack, with luxury Australian made guest amenities, quality selection of tea and coffee and a range of household consumables
- Wireless broadband internet (Wi-fi)
- Pay TV (Netflix or Foxtel)
- Quality linen and towels, plus hairdryer in each bathroom
- Portacot available free of charge(guests need to provide their own linen for the portacot)
- Monthly servicing for stays of 28 days or longer
- Departure clean
Maintenance and Cleaning:
Our commitment to our guests is to ensure the property is always maintained at a high level, with all reported maintenance and cleaning issues attended to promptly. Previous guests rate the cleanliness of our properties at above 9/10 on average across the Boutique Stays portfolio. Please remember there is no smoking inside any of our properties.
We have varying minimum stays depending on time of year, and how far in advance you book. We will advise on enquiry
A property security bond of $600 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.